- "For a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket
and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill
- "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." -George Bernard Shaw
- "A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson
- "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell
- "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session." -Mark Twain (1866)
- "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- "A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country."
- "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
- "Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received
notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a
change in your circumstances." -Department of Social Services, Greenville , South Carolina
- "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't
help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." -Mariah Carey
- "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life,"
- "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body,"
-Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
- "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
-Washington DC Mayor Marion Barry
- "Half this game is ninety percent mental." -Philadelphia Philies Manager, Danny Ozark
- "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our
air and water that are doing it." -Al Gore, Vice President
- "I love California . I practically grew up in Phoenix." -Dan Quayle
- "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?" -Lee Iacocca
- "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, former NFL quarterback and sports analyst.
- "We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people."
-Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.
- "Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." -Keppel Enderbery
- "If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to
bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the next morning, when they wake up dead, there will be a record." -Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman
- The winning answer for Miss America 1995: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever," -Miss Alabama, Heather Whitestone