- If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, Do not hand it to him.
Toss it away from you. He is more interested in your wallet and/or purse
than you. When he goes for the wallet/purse, run away in the other direction.
- If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail
lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.
The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
- People often get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc.,
and sit for a bit reading, doing their checkbook, or making notes list, etc.
Do not do this. A predator may be watching, and this gives him an opportunity to get in
on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.
As soon as you get into your car, lock the doors and drive away.
OR, if someone is in the car with a gun to your head, gun the engine and
speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. Anyone
in the back seat will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes,
bail out and run. Better than being found as a dead body in a remote location.
- When getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage, A) First, look
all around, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
B) If parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women
are attempting to get into their cars. C) Look at the vehicles parked on either side of your vehicle. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car,
you may want to walk away and get a guard or policeman to walk you back out.
Better to be safe than sorry, and better paranoid than dead.
- Always take the elevator instead of stairs. Stairwells are bad places
to be alone and can be a crime spot; especially at night.
- If a predator has a gun and you are not under his control, always run.
A predator may hit you as a running target (4 in 100 times) but it will
likely not be a vital organ. Run in a zig-zag pattern.
- Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do.
- Never be sympathetic to a stranger. It may get you raped or killed.
Serial killer Ted Bundy was a good-looking, well educated man, who played
on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or limp,
and often asked for help getting into his vehicle, then abducted his victim.
- If you hear a baby crying outside on your porch or near a window, call
the police first and do not open the door or go outside. Intruders have
used a recorded baby crying to coax women (or anyone) out of their homes.
- Water scam. If you wake up in the night to hear water running, or what
you think is a burst pipe, do not go out to investigate. Intruders have
turned on outside taps full blast to draw people out of their homes and
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for neighbors.
There are a lot of crazies out there.